Wednesday 2 May 2012

Nailed It: Leopard Nails:

Anyone who knows me 
is well aware of my love for nail art. 
I'm always updating as I paint my nails every couple of days. 
I like to think that I give it a good go and do it quite well.
 People, at work especially, always compliment me. 
Very flattering I must say! 
So it won't be a surprise to anyone that most of my posts on this blog will be about nails. 
It seemed right that my first real post will be about this. 
So, without further ado here's some snazzy nails!

Leopard Nails:


I have done hand painted leopard nails twice now, one was a while ago and the other was today.
The first is the more colour accurate version.
I used Barry M 320 (gold), MNY 461 (bronze), and the Topshop Nail Art Pen in black. 
This is a very easy look to achieve but I have to say I was disappointed with the Topshop pen.
It is hard to dispense the polish as you have to push down on the tip.
The line tends to be quite thick and clumsy.
I have used it three times and been let down each time. 
Instead of the Topshop pen, in the second look I used a cheap liquid eyeliner and had much more control over the design.
In this look I used two George (Asda) nail polishes in 14 Natural White and 31 Groove, the latter of which is a lovely bright pink but you need about 5 coats.
The second look is a lot braver and a bit tacky but the sun was out and I was all for crazy!

If anyone happens across this I hope you liked it, I'll have a lot more nail posts coming. 

☼Love, Nina.

No comments:

Post a Comment