Monday 22 April 2013

Belgium Break + Reviews

Hey there!

A couple months ago it was my 5th anniversary with my fiance and seeing as he is teaching in Belgium for quite a while, what better present than to take a trip to see him!

This was my first time ever on a plane and I had to do it solo. 
I was terrified.
I was nervous right up till the Matrix moment of going above the clouds!
I have never seen anything so beautiful. 

I didn't really take too many snaps as I always forget but these are some of my fave that I did manage to take.



Awesome looking building. I can imagine if it wasn't -2 and windy as hell and glorious sunshine instead, it would have been incredible!

Look at that amazing graffiti birdie =] although he does look kinda shifty.

I had the sudden realisation while over there that there are french speaking Belgium people, maybe the chemists would sell french skincare! 
Oh my, I was in heaven!
I realised with horror I hadn't took nearly enough money with me for that!
I did however manage to pick some bits up.


Here's some mini reviews for ya!

17 Lasting Fix Polish in Pink Grapefruit:
I actually bought this in the airport cos I forgot to pack anything nail related.
It is such a summery and happy colour and I thought it would go well with all the black, white and grey I wear!
It is one of those polishes that take a million coats to look good which is abit disappointing. 
I used this while waiting too which got a few funny looks.

Bioderma Sensibo H2O:
I wont go into this too much as everyone loves this.
I knew when I saw it that I couldn't not get it, I'd wanted to try it for so long so I picked up this tiny bottle. 
Damn hand luggage limits!
This is just the best for removing makeup, even heavy eyeliner.
It's so gentle on the eyes and that's one of the things I worry about!

Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser:
I had a sample of this ages ago and loved it, I just never got round to ever buying it.
When I saw it in the airport I just had to! 
It really is gentle enough to use every day, it leaves my skin so soft and plump feeling.
It#s just perfect for when you've had a face full of makeup and just want to feel extra clean!
It has a very natural but a bit citrusy smell which isn't overpowering at all, it adds to the clean feel when you use it.

Overall I had an amazing time away.
I ate some amazing food (goats cheese and honey on home made Guiness bread anyone?!) and drank the most amazing cherry beer! 
It would have been perfect if it wasn't for all the cold and windburn and snow!

Anyone else tried this Clarins cleanser? Id like to know if anyone else loves it as much as I do!

Love Nina.

No comments:

Post a Comment