Friday 24 May 2013

Icon: Clarissa Darling + Mini Haul

'Allo!

So, the last time my other half was home we went for a sneaky Starbucks and the first thing he said to me was "You well look like Clarissa today"
I couldn't think of a better compliment!
Clarissa (1991-1994), was one of my fave programmes as a kid, I thought she was the height of cool!

The few bits and bobs of clothing I've bought this month have definitely been 90's inspired.
I thought I'd put together a lil' collage.

First up is a bit of a style board I put together from Google (soz Google) of images of Clarissa!


Everything in this is awesome!
The denim cut offs and neon slouchy tees, the denim waistcoat, high waisted, cold shoulder, crazy-ass prints! Hello, I love it.

 Cut off Denim Jacket - TKMaxx £11.69

My best bargain of the month was definitely this cropped, cut off sleeve black denim jacket.
Was so cheap with my staff discount at TKMaxx.
Not as amazing as Clarissa's dark pink number above but hey ho. 
 Its frayed, its rough, its perfect and feels good quality too.

Smiley Face Tee - Republic £12

Next up, the more out there thing I own as its tacky as hell but I was drawn to it.
This was £12 with 20% off in store that day at Republic.
I bought it a few sizes bigger to wear as a dress with leggings.
Not with tights as shown! That was a bad idea...
 Its rolled up sleeves and grunge vibes make me happy.

Denim Stud Dress - TKMaxx £10

And last is this denim dress with stud detail on the neck and straps.
Again with staff discount, a tenner.
This is girly and grungy and surprisingly light and comfy for denim.
Be perfect for easy dressing in summer.
Throw on some stompy boots or spiked sandals depending on the weather.

Is everyone loving that the 90's are back?
Who'd have thought this would all be back so soon!

Love Nina x.

2 comments:

  1. I love that the 90s has come back!

    Now following you on GFC and would be great to get a follow back, if you would like to follow each other? :)

    Be great if you could check out my latest post on Glamorous Neon Ombre Tassel Flapper Dress

    Thanks! Charlie xx

    UK Fashion & Style Blog | Lurch Hound Loves

    ReplyDelete