Tuesday 26 June 2012

D.I.Y Studded Backpack

I love my trusty cream backpack from Primark! 
It cost £8 and I've used it most days since I bought it. 
I mostly take it to work if I'm staying at my boyfriends afterwards so its always crammed full of stuff. 
 This is probably why it started to rip recently =[ 
I had to find a way to fix it but I didn't just want to fix it, I wanted to jazz it up!

I decided to use some gold spikes I got off ebay a while ago. 
I also used a Cropadile (I think that's what its called) 
This can punch holes in anything and can be used to put eyelets in. 
I got it while at uni for making corsets.

I started my pinning the tear into place. 
I basically just tucked under the rough edge of the fabric so it looked neater.

I marked in pencil where I wanted all my studs and then chopped all the holes out. 
 The spikes then just screwed into place.

I loved this bag to begin with but now I just adore it! 
I have to be careful though cos the spikes are sharp and pointy and I keep batting people by accident.

Does anyone else love customising things?
Love Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment