Friday 14 September 2012

DIY: Stud Shoulder Jumper

Hello Lovelies!

I have been on the hunt for a khaki jumper for quite a while!
I saw one in Topshop yonks ago but didn't want to pay so much for something I would customise.
 I went shopping in St Helens with my sister and found this jumper for 7 quid!
Yes you read right!
As I was paying for it the owner said this jumper was in New Look. 
I thought she meant a similar one so I went mooching and no, it was the exact same one. 
For £14:99! 
Id bought it half price.
Win.

I love this jumper, it has a loose knit but has these contrasting tightly knit sections.
I just think its a bit more unusual. 

Ok, lets get to DIYing!
 These are my trusty screw back studs I bought off eBay. 
They were 50 for about 3 quid.
Whats good about adding studs to a knit is that you don't have to damage the original product.
I just put the studs through the knit stitches instead of chopping holes like you would on fabric.

I placed the screw backs in first to decide on position and spacing.
Once I was happy, I just screwed on the spikes until tight.

Easey Peasey!
 To be honest though, Dexter did most of the work, I just supervised!

Anyone else given this a go?

Love Nina.

5 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I always love seeing DIY posts :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks =] you should give it a go, its cheap and easy! xx

      Delete
  2. This is a great idea. looks exactly like something the have in toopshop. good work

    www.lovecloth.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I did see one in topshop for about 30 quid so I got a bargain really! xx

      Delete